- 25.02.2011 Doctor of Philosophy at Aalborg University, Denmark. Thesis: Improvement of Brain Source Modeling Based on Multichannel EEG Recordings after Pain Stimulation.
- 30.06.2006 Master of Science at Aalborg University, Denmark in Biomedical Engineering. Thesis:The Visceral Pain Brain Web.
- 22.05.2004 Bachelor of Science at Clarkson University, New York, USA; Majors in Computer Science and Mathematics, Minor in Humanities
Degrees and awards
- 1st place research award at "The Parker Experience Seminars" in Las Vegas,USA (14-16 January 2016) for the research study: "Chiropractic adjustments alter sensorimotor integration in the pre-frontal cortex – A brain source localisation study."
- Delegates Award at the Research Symposium held during the CAA’s Annual Conference, 17-18 October 2015, at the Pullman Albert Park Hotel in Melbourne, Australia for the research study: "Chiropractic adjustments alter sensorimotor integration in the pre-frontal cortex – A brain source localisation study.
My main scientific interests are understanding spinal and supra-spinal processing underlying different pain conditions, diseases and drug treatments.
- 1.4 million DKK from Lundbeck to run the project: “A Novel Method to Unravel the CNS Mechanisms of Pain and Analgesia in the Search for Biomarkers.” The grant was awarded in 2016.
- Travel grants from different places (i.e. Lundbeck, Obelske Familiefond, Heinrich kopps, Danskebank) amounting to 20.000-40.000 DKK per year.
- 2016- Management of the project titled: The Effect of morphine on the human central nervous system: unravelling the central nervous system mechanisms of pain and analgesia in the search for biomarkers.
- 2014-2016 Management of the project titled: Oxycodone and venlafaxine effects on the human pain network.
Supervisor duties, teaching and GCP
Supervision of PhD and master students. Whitehall ICH-GCP course.