Donghua Liao, MSc, PhD, Associate Professor
- 1992 B.S., Major in Engineering Mechanics, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- 1995 MS.c., Major in Solid Mechanics, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
- 1998 Ph.D., Major in Mechanics, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
- 1999 Teaching and supervision training, Beijing, China
Main academic positions:
1998- 2000 Lecturer and Assistant to the Director. Biomedical Engineering Center, Beijing University of Technology, China (20 months)
2000- 2003 Postdoctoral research fellow. Centre for Sensory-Motor Interaction, Aalborg University, Denmark (32 months)
2003- 2013 Research fellow. Mech-Sense, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University
2013- Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University
2011- Adjunct Professor, ChongQing University
- One-hundred papers published (first author on 31 papers)
- 54 abstracts and proceedings.
- Programmed fourteen computer program projects.
- Opponent on one Ph.D. thesis and External examiner for one Ph.D thesis from The University of Auckland
- Peer review of scientific papers for 17 journals
- Series Co-Editor for World Journal of Gastroenterology
- Editorial board member of International Journal of Experimental and Computational Biomechanics (IJECB) from 2010
Grants and awards
- Principal investigator on 12 Danish grants and two Chinese grants.
- Co-applicant on one Grant from US National Institute of Health (NO: 1RO1DK072616-01A2, 500,000USD)
- Participant in one EU FP6 project
- 2002, Poster award, 11th symposium on Neurogastroenterology and Motility, Tubingen
- 2003, Young Investigator Award, 19th ISGM, Barcelona
- 2007, Research Prize, Aalborg Hospital Science and Innovation Center, Denmark
Supervisor duties, teaching and GCP
- Co-supervised two postgraduate students at Beijing University of Technology
- Co-supervised three PhD students and one Postdoc at Aalborg Hospital
- Teaching at Beijing University of Technology, Aalborg University and Mech-Sense, Aalborg Hospital
- Co-supervised one medical student and one PhD student at Aarhus University