Focus Areas of Research
- Brain MRI with structural assessment of brain volumes, cortical thickness and fiber tracts.
- Brain MRI with functional assessment of resting state activity, stimulation evoked activation and brain metabolites.
- Explorative studies of brain function and neuroplastic reorganisation in chronic pain and neuropathic disorders, including evaluation of intervention and pharmacological treatment.
- Pancreatic MRI with advanced assessment of structural and functional changes in pancreatic diseases, including exploration of the pathophysiology involved in chronic pancreatitis.
- Gastrointestinal MRI of motility and function of stomach, small bowel and colon, including exploration of motility in diseases and interventional studies.
Professor Jens Brøndum Frøkjær, MD, PhD
- Frøkjær JB, Olesen SS, Gram M, Yavarian Y, Bouwense SAW, Wilder-Smith OHG, Drewes AM. Altered Brain Microstructure assessed by Diffusion Tensor Imaging in Patients with Chronic Pancreatitis. Gut. 2011 Nov;60(11):1554-62. Editorial in Gut. 2011 Nov;60(11):1445-6.
- Frøkjær JB, Bouwense SAW, Olesen SS, Lundager FH, Eskildsen SF, van Goor H, Wilder-Smith OHG, Drewes AM. Reduced cortical thickness of brain areas involved in pain processing in patients with chronic pancreatitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012 Apr;10(4):434-438.
- JB Frøkjær, LW Andersen, C Brock, M Simrén, M Ljungberg, E Søfteland, G Dimcevski, Y Yavarian, H Gregersen, AM Drewes. Altered Brain Microstructure Assessed by Diffusion Tensor Imaging in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus and Gastrointestinal Symptoms. Diabetes Care. 2013 Mar;36(3):662-8.
- Frøkjær JB, Brock C, Søfteland E, Dimcevski G, Gregersen H, Simrén M, Drewes AM. Macrostructural brain changes in patients with longstanding type 1 diabetes mellitus - a cortical thickness analysis study. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2013 Jun;121(6):354-60.
- Hansen TM, Olesen AE, Graversen C, Drewes AM, Frøkjaer JB. The Effect of Oral Morphine on Pain-Related Brain Activation - An Experimental Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2015 Nov;117(5):316-22.
- Hansen TM, Olesen AE, Simonsen CW, Fischer IW, Lelic D, Drewes AM, Frøkjaer JB. Acute Metabolic Changes Associated With Analgesic Drugs: An MR Spectroscopy Study. J Neuroimaging. 2016 Sep;26(5):545-51.